[Peace-discuss] The money was there all along

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:06:04 CDT 2008

The only flaw in Chris Floyd's argument is a lethal one.  With our ongoing
trade deficit, we'd have to BORROW the money for better schools,
infrastructure, health care, etc., just as we've had to BORROW it for the
war in Iraq and for the Wall Street sellout...errr, bailout.  We'd have to
live even further beyond our means, and leave it to our children and
grandchildren to pay it back somehow.

Chris Floyd seems to think this was money that was just lying around.  He
sounds for all the world like Tim Johnson the time I got into an argument
with him at Steak and Shake.  "We can do it ALL!" Tim shouted.  "I've seen
the figures and I KNOW!"

John Wason

[From the excellent Chris Floyd, a text that might make up one side of a