[Peace-discuss] local issues

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 20:21:42 CDT 2008

Carl et al.

Opening up the Constitution for revisions and additions can have
positive impacts.  However, given the total and abject idiocy of the
state government, especially with Gov. Blago (don't blame me, I voted
Whitney) I'd really hesitate to open up the Constitution.

These are the same group of hacks that can't get a budget together
without significant problems.  While there could be some positives,
the negative possibilities of what could be done to pensions and the
cost of such a convention greatly outweigh possible benefits.  I
don't trust this crop of politicians as they are so incompetent that
they have no place even running a bath, let alone a Con Con.

Its not the act of seeing with our own eyes alone; its correctly
comprehending what we see,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]