[Peace-discuss] Convergence of the [independent] left and the R[ƎVO˩]UTIONARY right

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Oct 24 00:59:30 CDT 2008

During the debate tonight Ralph Nader mentioned the Convergence of the
Left and the Right.

I dont have his exact words here before me but my interpretation is that
the activist movements among the
progressive (left if you will) and the libertarian (right, but not the
neocon right) bring convergence on many issues.

Chuck Baldwin is a Christian and protege' of Ron Paul and is about as
conservative and libertarian as anyone can be.

It was Nader who remarked how they actually agree on so many issues and
brought up the notion of convergence of right and left.

Interestingly the notorious criminal "mind" of the neocons, Bloody Bill
Kristol, also noted several months ago that the far left and the far right
"meet" with each other and disagree with the policies of the
neoconservatives.

Ron Szoke addressed a similar notion on one of the AOTA programs,
something along the lines that people who
are intellectually honest and informed will agree more than they disagree.

There are issues of definition of terms, language, etc. and there are
hot-button issues on which the Progressives and the R3volutionaries
disagree, but close inspection will reveal that there is diversity of
ideology and background among the members of each group but
somehow they manage to find one another and self-assemble.

It is truly a good thing if we can manage to set aside the areas about
which we disagree  or have difficulty in communicating about,
and focus on melding and networking the forces of groups promoting the
doctrine of goodness.   Most of the time
it's pretty easy to decide.  War is bad. Corporatism is bad.  Social
injustices are bad.  Police state is bad.  Poverty sucks.
The MSM sucks. Commercialized repetitive mediocrity sucks.

Peace is good.  Cottage industries and personal innovations and small
shops are great.  Getting along with one another is wonderful.
Sharing is cool.  It's more fun when we share with our friends.  Books
and videos and computers are good.  Independent  media outlets
are essential to our well-being.

There are literally thousands and thousands of patriots on the
r3volutionary right who believe in most of what the progressives stand
for and they
are networked and well organized.  None of the ills which have caused
progressives and patriots to organize themselves are going to go
away when the Bush regime leaves office.

There is a tremendous opportunity for broad-based coalition building
around key and vital issues like t3h war, the police state and other issues,
provided that we are able to lay aside as yet unresolved differences.

Captivity in one ancient sense in the Aramaic dialects meant a splitting
or dividing.  Thus when prisoners from an army were captured, the sense
was that
they had been split off from the core army.  The same root term is used
to describe the splitting of a large stream into smaller streams as the flow
goes around rocks, sand bars, etc that divide and separate the streams.
Likewise the same Aramaic root describes the division of a flame into
tongues of
flame.    That information elucidates an encouraging non-zionist reading
of Psalm 126:

When the LORD turned again the captivity of Zion, we were like them that
dream.
Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing:
then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.
The LORD hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad.
Turn again our captivity, O LORD, as the streams in the south.
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless
come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.

Reading this with sense of the turning again the captivity as a
re-uniting of the enlightened and awakened, reuniting the
divided streams into a single mighty river.  Check a map, they streams
unite as they move south, and in the case of Ps126, the
united streams are flowing into a desert land.