[Peace-discuss] right to association, right to a union

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sat Oct 25 08:37:53 CDT 2008

It's pretty easy to get Canadian citizenship, Bob.

One thing a person can always do it vote with their feet.  I
did that in '96 and it was the right thing to do.  One can always
question why it was that I came back here, though.  :-)
But the reasons seem to have been valid for returning to the US.

It is not desirable to have a culturally uniform world or even a
culturally uniform USA
or even a culturally uniform Illinois, Champaign County, or Urbana for
that matter.

The United States are sovereign states.  Remember the 10th amendment.

Of course Canada is going to be a lot more like Europe than we are  here
and that is a good thing.
The canadians still have the Queen on their money.  Canada is a much
different country
than we are and comparing us to Canada and saying that they are right
and we are wrong
ought to be pretty damn offensive to any American.

Under our constitution if the people in Massachusetts want to smoke
Catalpa beans and
barbecue guinea pigs, tom cats and canaries, thats cool with me and they
have every right to do so, and
we ought not be pushing the federal government to stop them from it if
we dont like it.

If Venezuela chooses to be governed by a wise and benevolent dictator
that is no concern of mine.

It's the whole idea of one group trying to impose their will by force
upon another, when that group is in a
sovereign state that is fundamentally wrong.  It's the thing that MLK
warned America about in regard
to being arrogant.
*
We do need to return to the rule of law and enforce the laws that we
have within our borders
rather than trying to police the world.