[Peace-discuss] right to association, right to a union

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 09:11:09 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Robert Naiman <naiman.uiuc at gmail.com>wrote:

I find it kind of bizarre that because I want to guarantee the rights
> of workers to organize you basically call me un-American and tell me
> to leave the country. It's not unprecedented, but I didn't expect it
> on this list.

It illustrates perfectly why progressives can have no genuine fellowship
with libertarians, even if they do agree on a few issues.  With libertarians
it always comes down sooner or later to the very core of their philosophy:
"Me, me, me, and the hell with the rest of you.  How dare you 'hold a gun to
my head' (one of their favorite cliches) and FORCE me to care about anyone
else but myself?"

Ugh.