[Peace-discuss] some Employee Free Choice Act resources

Neil Parthun lennybrucefan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:52:34 CDT 2008

Further government intrusion into private enterprise may be a good
thing, given the whole unfettered capitalism/free markets/Milton
Friedman and the "Chicago Boys" theories have died quite a messy
death right now.

When private enterprise can show the slightest bit of scruples then
I'd be more apt to give them a benefit of the doubt.

Economic injustice and union busting by corporations are often times
coercion where people cannot make choices that they would normally
make.  It is morally wrong to always accept the outcome of market
forces.  It is also difficult to tell people to pull themselves up by
their bootstraps when they have no boots.  This seems to legitimize
the current order of things which show significant social class and
economic inequalities that only continue to more striking.

Smile and keep fighting,

      Neil

  We absolutely have to refuse to attribute any kind of permanency to
that which is simply because it is.
[angela v. davis, 1944-]

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities have crept in; forget them as soon as
you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with
too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.
[ralph waldo emerson, 1803-1882]