[Peace-discuss] Norman Solomon's thoughts

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 4 19:26:37 CDT 2008

Solomon was characterizing the parties to the discredit of the Republicans, but
to do so he had to omit the most interesting faction of the Republicans.

Everyone knows that the Republican establishment is belligerent and imperialist.
Not everyone (particularly in the anti-war movement) admits that the Democratic
establishment is belligerent and imperialist, in part because the Democrats are
disingenuous about it.

Were it my choice, and the only possibilities McCain/Palin and Obama/Biden, I'd
choose the latter -- and then hope we could put together a serious movement
against their murderous policies.  --CGE