[Peace-discuss] latest draft of AWARE half-sheet introduction

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 5 15:04:55 CDT 2008

Excellent feedback, Ricky. Thanks!. Indeed, you touch on very important
aspects of AWARE that bear spotlighting.

I had left a little spare room to play with in the document, in
anticipation of improvements from feedback, so I took advantage of that.

Attached is a new revision. More comments/suggestions/feedback/criticism
encouraged 8-)

And following is the text of the two sections I modified (the first
modified quite a bit, the second not so much):

Working Groups: The work of AWARE is generally accomplished through
Working Groups, which anyone can form spontaneously whenever a project
idea comes up that multiple folks want to work on. Working Groups operate
independently, making their own decisions and progressing at their own
pace, often updating the rest of AWARE at Sunday meetings. Formal approval
for Working Group activities are generally only needed for matters that
substantially impact all of AWARE (see the next section, Decision Making,
for examples).

Decision making: Proposals requiring approval of the whole group (for
example, formal AWARE endorsement/sponsorship of an event, or expenditure
of AWARE funds) are typically formulated so that they pass by consensus
(no one present at the meeting objects). If there is objection, proposals
may still be passed by an open vote, though a minimum 90% in favor (among
those voting) is required. Proposals to spend AWARE funds must go through
a special process - the proposal must be made at one meeting, posted to an
AWARE mailing list (in the meeting minutes, for example), then ratified at
a subsequent meeting (using either consensus or 90% vote, as above).