[Peace-discuss] A spiritual perspective on violence

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 11 12:53:03 CDT 2008

These are important questions, appropriately critical of the view expressed. Do we apply a different moral standard to violent resistance (if we can call 9/11 resistance) than we do to violent perpetrators? It would seem obvious and understandable that we do, but should we? Is it helpful to understand our leaders and ourselves (our role in an ostensibly democratic society) in this way? Is it helpful on a political level, in practical terms? I honestly don't know the answer to these questions.

"John W." <jbw292002 at gmail.com> wrote:    This seems to be referencing primarily jihadists employing physical means of violence.  So here's the question:  What hurts Dick Cheney so bad (sic) that he feels he has to hurt (those he deems adversaries) in order to heal it?  What hurts that guy who owns Blackwater?  Etc.

John Wason