[Peace-discuss] A view from the UK

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sun Sep 14 23:51:13 CDT 2008

 From http://www.commondreams.org/view/2008/09/14-3

…
Ms Palin is a symbol of deep American introversion, of the fact that
you have ceased to take yourselves seriously and, more important,
don't much care who knows it. Arguments over the relationship between
the wider world and your choices have become irrelevant. You have
detached yourself, finally, from the global community. This is
isolationism as never before conceived. "American" in my life has
been lingua franca, for better or ill. Now you talk to yourself.

And you talk, my friends, in the sort of gibberish that once you
spurned. It's not about Ms Palin, as such. It is about the process
that creates a candidate-grin manipulated to serve darkness,
ignorance, fear, a war economy, and the flaunting of stupidity.

Nice going.