[Peace-discuss] proposal for "News of the Week" format

Jan & Durl Kruse jandurl at comcast.net
Thu Sep 18 23:23:52 CDT 2008

Far Far away in the state of Utah........
Where controversies are *religious* in nature.
Prefer to keep the *News of the Week* as it is:
Carl with 10 minutes and anyone else may challenge, debate,
or support the news from Carl.
To me Carl (and the news) is a Working Group.
Don't we allow folks to create working groups and then go forth?
In the past some AWARE members have arrived at 5:15 to avoid the news.
Lots of ways for anarchist to address this issue without all the
complications, timekeeping and regulations............
Those who don't like Carl's news can always take it outside after the
meeting.
Please don't eliminate a long standing *Working Group* with some voices
far far away.........
As for the *bestowing of (a particular personal) recognition* .......
sounds more like the bestowing of a *Thankless Job*!
Hope consensus will be to retain AWARE News of the Week as it currently
is, was and should remain..........
a Working Group with work that can be discussed, challenged and
encouraged and not dumped.
Besides who would want to facilitate and grant time to others?.......
sounds messy!
JAN Kruse