[Peace-discuss] No

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 05:10:18 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 11:05 PM, C. G. Estabrook <galliher at illinois.edu>wrote:

  No
>   By: emptywheel
>   Saturday September 20, 2008 12:16 pm
>
> CR has posted the "bailout plan," as it currently stands:
> http://calculatedrisk.blogspot.com/2008/09/bailout-proposal.html
>
> Glenn Greenwald has an important response, as does gjohnsit over at DKos.
>
> But here's all you need to know. Hank Paulson is asking for
> $700,000,000,000. That's $2,333 from every man, woman, and child in the
> United States.

It's also only 1,000 times Paulson's personal net worth of $700,000,000,
which he "earned" by being a WALL STREET INVESTMENT BANKER not unlike those
who helped get our economy into this mess.  (I see the author mentions that
below.)  If he and 999 of his similarly-situated buddies would repay the
money they essentially stole, then the problem would be solved without
involving the rest of us.