Fw: Re: [Peace-discuss] No

David Green davegreen84 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 09:21:51 CDT 2008

To put the cost in a different and more accurate way, $700 billion is added to our national debt. Interest has to be paid on that every year. At say 5%, that means $35 billion per year. Divided by 300 million people that's over $100 per person every year--forever. There would be nothing wrong with that, however, if the money was going to infrastructure, or reparations for Iraq. It is wrong to pay that money to Wall Street so-called bankers and their descendants and perpetuity.

"C. G. Estabrook" <galliher at illinois.edu> wrote:  I think it'll be like their demanding a timeline for withdrawal from Iraq -- a smokescreen. I think the proper response is, "No." --CGE