[Peace-discuss] Re: [Peace] Draft ordinance in Urbana first step to decriminalization

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Sep 22 17:02:44 CDT 2008

Lets see some discussion of the merits of the law...

How much should penalty be?  (In my way of looking at it, $0.001 for the
City is too much.  I see no win-win there.)

Also the increased possibility of being stopped at all.
(Most traffic stops are Unnecessary Police Harassment in my view, Police
should not intervene unless there is
Obvious Flagrant impairment or reckless behaviour.)

How much authority does the city have in decriminalization?

Is there any reason that there should be any penalty at all for
consumption of d9-THC containing products?
.... while driving an automobile?