[Peace-discuss] "No bailout!" rally tomorrow? Truemajority coordinating nationwide rallies Thu 9/25 ~5pm, should we hold one?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 24 11:04:41 CDT 2008

Heard this from friend Stewart Dickson, who heard it from the group "truemajority.org";
the web page shows their logo + UFPJ, Progressive Dems. of America, US Action, and others.

    **ATTEND AN EMERGENCY RALLY AGAINST THE BAILOUT*
    <http://act.truemajority.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=TRp9BfGo3e0IfdRsZi6xFNL1ihcynus2>*
	[This brings up a page to search for events in the area -- none are listed nearby,
	 even in Chicago, though there are several in Indiana and one in St. Louis.]

Anyone want to do this?  Where would be a good place?  And, though they suggest 5pm,
we'd probably get more people at 6.  Anyway, they write:

    *America Says NO Bush Bailout!*

    *Our pressure is working.* Already this week, TrueMajority members have
    made almost 20,000 calls to tell their Senators "NO" to the Bush corporate
    bailout. Now news is beginning to come out that some lawmakers, Republicans
    and Democrats alike, are having second thoughts about going along with the
    administration's plan.

    *We can put the brakes on this.*

    *Tomorrow,* Thursday, September 25th at 5 pm ordinary Americans are
    organizing Emergency Rallies against the Bailout nationwide. *Other
    TrueMajority members have already started 75 rallies in their towns, will
    you join them?*

    We're all in this together. The proposed bailout is *a $700,000,000,000
    dollar check from your bank account*, handed over to Wall Street. This is
    literally the largest give away of public money to the private sector in
    history. We have an historic emergency, and it's on us to step up and
    lead.*

    Once you pick a time and place we'll help turnout other TrueMajority
    members to your event and provide signs you can print out and a sample
    program. The most important thing is for you to pick a spot where you'll be
    seen, and start inviting other people you know right now.

    Together we'll send a clear message that *America Says NO to Bush Bailout!*

    Thanks for leading the way,

    -Ilya

    Ilya Sheyman
    Online Organizer