[Peace-discuss] Re: [Discuss] War on drugs

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Sep 24 11:11:14 CDT 2008

 From my reading of the law John W. so graciously provided,
the decision in Gonzales v. Reich was based upon interstate commerce claims,
as ridiculous as the influence of 5 marijuana plants in California grown for
personal consumption might be, considering that the US consumption of
cannibis exceeds 20 million pounds per year (estimated).  The court
compared it to the
growing of wheat for personal consumption during WWII which was previously
determined to be within the bounds of federal authority.