[Peace-discuss] both Urbana and Champaign components of Army National Guard deploying to Afghanistan soon

Randall Cotton recotton at earthlink.net
Fri Sep 26 14:14:23 CDT 2008

I checked with some folks privately and brought it up at the last meeting
(where your presence was missed). In retrospect, I wish I had contacted
you directly, Wayne.

I suggested a banner along the lines of

"We oppose this deployment. Save our troops from senseless wars".

There was no support and much opposition.