[Peace-discuss] What Kissinger Said: "I Do Not Believe That We Can Make Conditions"

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sat Sep 27 12:04:04 CDT 2008

>"I am in favor of negotiating with Iran.... But I do not believe that
>we can make conditions for the opening of negotiations."
>What [the neocons] fear is not that talks would be useless, but that
>they might be productive...

The logic and reasoning reminds me of the 1960s when Johnson use to say to
the anti-war protesters "let us reason together" but refused to entertain
the question as to whose logic should be used to do the reasoning - the
administration's logic or the logic of the anti-war people. The anti-war
people refused to accept the logic proposed by the administration since they
knew that it would lead to the administration's conclusions and preclude any
alternative conclusions.