[Peace-discuss] tea parties miss the boat

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Apr 15 16:03:14 CDT 2009

/"A lot of coded racism plays into this nowadays, too: anti-welfare
"queen" ideology a la Ronnie "Rayguns" Reagan, etc. On a very important
institutional level this is a familiar "divide and conquer" politics of
the sort that allowed the English to conquer the Native Americans,
India, and so on, and still keeps the American people under the thumb of
its wealthy. It distracts our righteous popular anger over the repeated
bail-outs of the rich and deepening neglect of most of us - away from
the authentic popular pressure that is striving heroically in the
opposite direction: toward a "people's bailout" and what some are
calling equity <http://www.equityblog.org/>. "/

Ricky---

You weren't even present at the tea party rally and you are saying all
this about what was said?

And accusations of "coded racism"?

I must say that it doesn't advance things much when folks write
statements like this based on no knowledge of the actual situation.

Wayne