[Peace-discuss] Green jobs?

Bob Illyes illyes at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 20 17:18:08 CDT 2009

Morriss is in the Law College, I think. He makes statements that aren't
true on inspection, such as "Never before in our history has the U.S.
government undertaken to produce such a massive shift in employment by
mandate."

I guess he doesn't count wars, for starters. He probably doesn't count
public education either.

Morriss appears to be connected to the traditional energy industry. See
http://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org, which his UI page indicates he
is associated with.

As Mort suggests, he is just making assertions without evidence. Looks like
just another lobbyist to me. He seems to assume that energy policy is a
zero-sum game. But it isn't.

In the case of fossil fuel resources, I'm mystified by the almost sexual
urge to use up every last speck of them as soon as possible. What's the
hurry? This thinking is brought to us by the same crazy bunch that brought
us Enron and the current finance fiasco. These guys have, as someone said
of Blago, lost touch with reality.

Bob