[Peace-discuss] Re: Protest of 100 Days panel

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 26 08:47:36 CDT 2009

Come on, Ron.  You know the problem is the extent to which the Democrats & Obama
have co-opted opposition to the wars that is AWARE's reason to exist.  I was
objecting to the fact that the panel seemed limited to the liberal consensus
(roughly, "Obama's doing the best he can but the war may be costing too much")
while excluding principled objection to the war (roughly, "Obama is committing
international crime at least as aggressively and violently as Bush").  The
second opinion is heard on the Right and the Left -- I gave some examples --
outside the liberal consensus.  And apparently outside the panel.  --CGE