[Peace-discuss] Nagasaki Day

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 9 13:49:56 CDT 2009

[This is the week that the Obama administration chooses to indicate -- quietly,
as he leaves for vacation -- that the American invasion and occupation of the
Middle East will be extended and expanded.  --CGE

"I was a bombardier in WW 2. When you are up 30,000 feet you do not hear the
screams or smell the blood or see those without limbs or eyes. It was not till I
read Hersey's Hiroshima that I realized what bomber pilots do."  --Howard Zinn

"Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my
own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended
animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone
in the military service."  --Gen. Smedley Butler, "War is a Racket" (1935)