[Peace-discuss] Healthcare and Daughter Nadine

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 15:48:17 CDT 2009

Hello AWARE Friends,
We all know that -- without at least a public option and lotsa regulation of the Ins Cos, those w/o health ins, period, and those w/ health ins but also w/ pre-existing conditions could be in a precarious position if we don't get some kind of health care reform soon.

Yes, of course single payer (Medicare for all) would be best... but if there aren't the votes to pass that this time, we have to support the best bill that has a chance, and -- because there may not be enuff votes for any significant kind of reform (shudder), we need to swallow our pride and push hard for what realistically we can get.

There have been- and will continue to be lots of emails to Peace-discuss on this. Please make the phone calls, sign the petitions, and do whatever else you can to get the best possible healthcare reform NOW.

And THANKS so much for writing, Barbara -- everyone on this list should read yr blogs -- Nadine has one as well -- for an inside look at yr situation... and then try to imagine what a future w/o health care reform could mean for Nadine and her family... or for them and their own loved ones.
 --Jenifer