[Peace-discuss] Woodstock

LAURIE SOLOMON LAURIE at ADVANCENET.NET
Sat Aug 15 21:17:36 CDT 2009

Rest assured that the owner of the land did not suffer for the cause and in
fact volunteered his land for that purpose.  He was also well enough off
that it did not cause a financial burden for him, although some in the
community did ostracize him.

As a point of trivia fact, his daughter lived here in CU during that period
and until she was killed in an auto accident in Rantoul, where she was
working.  She was a very close friend of Penny Hanna; and I knew her through
Penny and others  during the mid to late sixties. If memory serves me right,
she was a nurse (but I could be wrong about that).

-----Original Message-----
From: peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net
[mailto:peace-discuss-bounces at lists.chambana.net] On Behalf Of Karen Medina
Sent: Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:05 PM
To: Peace-discuss List
Subject: [Peace-discuss] Woodstock

Woodstock: The first thing I think about is the soil erosion from all
those people in the mud and how much the owner of the land must have
suffered for the cause of Making Love Not War. The second thing I
think is: Way way cool man. At least part of me is a flower child.
I wasn't old enough to cross the street alone in 1969.
-karen medina