[Peace-discuss] Fw: Lou Dobbs is dangerous

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Sun Aug 16 15:26:53 CDT 2009

> In my usage, if the term "fascism" is used to name or define a
> political theory, it is intended to cover a theory philosophy that
> promotes state owned or controlled corporate capitalism in which the
> ends of the state are given priority over those of the individual and
> the individual's interests are advanced or achieved as a by-product of
> the state bringing about the common good or interest as differentiated
> from the individual good or interest.
This is exactly my definition too.

> Notions of "authoritarian" do not enter into the definition or
> conception or theory as an essential or necessary element.  If the
> term is being used in everyday language, then I generally mean some
> authoritarian attempt to engage in totalitarian control over
> individuals or groups of individuals by other individuals or groups of
> individuals either under the color of official or unofficial
> governmental action (legitimate or not) or not under the color of
> official or unofficial governmental action but rather as a private
> action (legitimate or not).

This is also my definition as used as a synonym to "authoritarian".
That Democrat party front group stifling free speech by interfering with
the conduct of a business entity such as CNN seems to fit nicely inside
these definitions as being a fascist act.

I have seen definitions of fascism that include racism.