FW: [Peace-discuss] Fw: Lou Dobbs is dangerous ('murder music' as hate speech)

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Mon Aug 17 13:26:25 CDT 2009

One fundamental error that those who decry "hate speech" make is that
they overlook
the ability of people to make their own decisions or think clearly.

Obviously there are many people who vote who certainly cannot think very
clearly,
and we wonder if they should make their own decisions, but we should not
be too imposing on them.
There are also those who don't have good apodeictic moorings, hence the
craze of advertising
and the fear of freedom of expression and these shrill cries of "hate
speech"...

Accusations of "hate speech" really do seem to me to be a "form of hate
speech" in themselves,
but I would defend the right of the "HateSpeechers" to voice their fears
but also point out
their errors.

Regarding advertisement, I really dont watch much TV, but got to see
quite a bit of it recently while visiting the folks.
My observation is that if what is on TV provides any index, Americans
who watch TV are
more concerned about the dimensions of their penises than they are about
the size of the unending war or
the depths to which they being ripped off by their government.