[Peace-discuss] Fw: We're unstoppable

John W. jbw292002 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:02:32 CDT 2009

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 12:22 AM, Ron Szoke <r-szoke at illinois.edu> wrote:

Hummmm....

> These atrocity stories read suspiciously like standard  victimization tales
> from
> right-wing fantasyland.  Can you supply some particulars that will allow us
> find out whether anything like this actually happened, & is not the product
> of
> some highly tendentious mythopoesis?
>
> See
> http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2009_08/019423.php
>
> for some questions about what appears to have been at best a very ambiguous
> (& much-disputed) incident, & on the horror stories it has given rise to in
> some
> circles.
>
> -- Ron

I saw a few comments on Facebook about the incident.  It seems that the SEIU
members got into a shouting match with some of the right-wing
anti-health-care-reform wingnuts, and it turned into a bit of a shoving
match.  The consensus seemed to be that the right-wingers started the
shoving.  St. Louis, I think.  A black minister, who had run for some
political office as a Green, was injured and had to be hospitalized.

John Wason