[Peace-discuss] Fw: Thank you for asking the Senate for an exit strategy from Afghanistan

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 20 09:21:38 CDT 2009

So it DID go thru. Now it's YOUR turn!
 --Jenifer

--- On Thu, 8/20/09, Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

Dear Jenifer,

Thank you for signing the petition asking the Senate for an exit strategy from Afghanistan.

Could you help spread the word by asking your friends to sign the petition as well? We have provided some sample text for you below.

Thank you for all you do for a just foreign policy,

Robert Naiman, Sarah Burns, Chelsea Mozen, and Megan Iorio
Just Foreign Policy

Help us build for a Just Foreign Policy
Your financial contributions to Just Foreign Policy help us create opportunities for Americans to advocate for a just foreign policy.
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/donate.html

For your friends:

A majority of Afghans are sick and tired of war.

American public opinion has turned against the war in Afghanistan.

We need an exit strategy from Afghanistan.

There is a bill in the House that would require the Pentagon to release a plan for getting U.S. troops out of Afghanistan, but there is no companion bill in the Senate.  Any congressional action to bring the troops home must go through the Senate.

I just signed a petition urging the United States Senate to require that the Pentagon tell Congress and the American people their plan for ending U.S. military entanglement in Afghanistan.  Could you join me by signing the petition as well?

http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/act/exit-afghanistan

Thanks!