[Peace-discuss] Barney Frank's finest hour - Nazis and clunkers

Matt Reichel mattreichel at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 20 12:29:44 CDT 2009

I am very surprised to see Barney Frank handle this situation so appropriately and poignantly.

The imbeciles that have been disrupting these town hall meetings to advocate against health care reform are the closest thing this country has to Nazis. In my view, universal health care and universal higher education are two pillars of first world democracy. As long as we have neither, we are neither a "first world" country nor a democracy. Those who impede this progress, with vile psycho babble, are fascists. Their "free speech" should not, in any way, be respected. Sure, they are free to speak, but that doesn't mean we should listen.

Bravo Barney Frank!

Best,
Matt
www.mattreichel.us