[Peace-discuss] WaPo: Liberals, Dems, Women Abandon Afghan War

Brussel Morton K. mkbrussel at comcast.net
Sat Aug 22 11:28:18 CDT 2009

Yes, The Progressive is a prominent and valuable progressive magazine.

Its dispute with Finkelstein was indeed despicable, as outlined below,
but I think that by now, five years on, it is largely water over the
dam, and can be justly put aside, if not forgotten, in view of its
current positions on U.S. wars, imperialism, Israel-Palestine, civil
rights, etc.. Estabrook evidently has not been reading that revue.
People like Howard Zinn, Naomi Klein and many others still consider
and support it as a bastions of progressive thought, and I am fairly
sure they are not ignorant of the dispute with Finkelstein.  I would
guess that Chomsky does too.

Why Estabrook reveals his animus now is disturbing, but not surprising.

--mkb