[Peace-discuss] WaPo: Liberals, Dems, Women Abandon Afghan War

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Sat Aug 22 21:40:34 CDT 2009

"Animus" was Jung's term for the masculine component of a female personality:
e.g., "The dominating animus peeping through the light-heartedness of the young
girl..."

"The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there" -- one of the
great pieces of nonsense in contemporary literature.  The beginning of wisdom is
to reject what the late historian E. P. Thompson called "the enormous
condescension of posterity."  --CGE

PS--We're all getting rich from those peace-discuss subscriptions.