[Peace-discuss] Demos in DC, C-U et al. Tues.

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Tue Dec 1 02:49:32 CST 2009

November 30 2009
Join Us at the White House Tomorrow. Bear Witness Against War.

Join us in Lafayette Park Tuesday evening, December 1, beginning at 5 PM. We will demonstrate our profound regret over President Obama's decision to escalate the war in Afghanistan rather than ending it. There are better ways to settle conflicts, achieve security and stability without having the wealthiest country in the world destroying the poorest, with deaths on both sides.

Please join us. It is likely there will be some media reporting on the reaction. Maximum exposure for national TV coverage will be between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm. Bring signs.

Take the Metro to either Farragut North on the Red Line or Farragut West on the Blue/Orange Line.

Please join us. Your presence matters.

Sincerely,

Kevin Zeese
Executive Director