[Peace-discuss] Foreign press slightly more honest

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Wed Dec 2 15:33:23 CST 2009

Typical Obama straddle.  Having presented himself as the anti-war candidate when
he never differed from the ongoing US policy in the Middle East, he could safely
suggest a tactical adjustment (AfPak rather than Iraq).

The deception was the Democratic party position since 2006, when they were given
control of the Congress to end the war.  They had to pretend that they were
against the war, when they supported the long-term US control of the ME.

In his more candid moments, he's admitted that Iraq and Afpak are different
"theaters" of the same war.