[Peace-discuss] Fw: Jobs Not Wars

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 3 11:33:00 CST 2009

You're being a bit hyperbolic regarding objections, Ricky -- it's surely correct
to "tell Congress to vote against any funds for these wars, except to bring our
troops safely home" -- but don't you think it's at least tendentious then to say
"we support President Obama" and refer to "George Bush's war in Afghanistan"?

It is unquestionably "Barack Obama's war in Afghanistan," in that -- as we heard
Tuesday night -- he can expand the killing or end it.  He's choosing the former.