[Peace-discuss] Re: marketplace mythologies was:InsuranceCompanies Should Compete

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Fri Dec 4 17:26:33 CST 2009

two entities in one market is not competition but is a sort of Nash
Equilibrium

the insurance industry assures that "adequate" funding for the hospitals is
available in such a situation.

What is driving the cost of such equipment?

Nothing  intrinsic except the captive market and regulation of medical
instruments.

Part of the problem with the amerikan health care system is the aura of
magic they build around themselves
which allows for the Lie that "these costs are beyond our control", etc.