[Peace-discuss] Re: Immigration Reform Rally!

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 6 14:27:15 CST 2009

On Sun, Dec 06, 2009 at 12:40:26PM -0600, E. Wayne Johnson wrote:
> Ricky,
>
> You really are all about Eugenics, aren't you?
>
> Abortion for the human weeds.
>
> Import the best and brightest.
>
> What do you propose for the "Culls"?  Detention?  Euthanasia?
>
> Wayne

Wayne,

What on earth?  This event is to promote a humane US immigration policy.

Plyler v. Doe for example says that states have to offer public education
to everybody, without screening by immigrant status.

I do hear eugenics-like language being used in the debate at times,
but coming from people opposed to such a policy.  They talk about
impure stock coming across the borders, and not wanting them to mix with
the good american stock.  Things like that.  Much as many people did in the
late 19th/early 20th century when the impure stock were coming from
southern and eastern europe, like my father's parents.

I don't hear that kind of thing coming from people supporting things
like the DREAM act, do you?