[Peace-discuss] Tim Johnson congratulated us on being consistent

Barbara kessel barkes at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 22:54:39 CST 2009

Thanks, Karen for passing this on. i agree with others: Let's give Tim
Johnson a hand officially. He didn't just change his mind; he acknowledged
that AWARE has been consistent.

*T**here is a related issue that REP. TIM JOHNSON has been relatively good
about: TORTURE*. The National Religious Coalition Against Torture will be
meeting with him (probably in Washington D.C.) this Wednesday to ask him to
be a co-sponsor of a bill to establish a select committee to review our past
interrogation practices and recommend future restrictions.
 NRCAT asks us who are in his district to start calling his office to urge
him to be a co-sponsor. Same time we can thank him for coming to the right
conclusion on the wars. Two reasons to call!
*Please give Tim Johnson a call this week sometime.* Washington D.C. (202)
-225-2371 or 2004 Fox Drive, (217) 403-4690.

Barbara Kessel