[Peace-discuss] Call for Participants - Peace Program Sun Jan 17th @ CPL

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 7 13:12:03 CST 2009

Hello Friends,

I've already been in contact w/ you regarding the Peace Program that I and other members of AWARE Films are planning for 2-4p Sunday, January 17th at the Champaign Public Library (the day before the MLK holiday). As promised, I’m writing to provide more information.

The Peace Program will be a joyful celebration of peace, NOT a proselytizing event! And although peace is a serious subject, our Program will be spirited, joyful and hopeful, full of variety, community and fun.

Our Program will be a mixed media, inter-generational, multi-cultural event, with each performance or "sharing" taking from 30 seconds to 12 minutes. Anything that expresses the theme of peace, has “peace” in the title or text, or that is intended to give an overall sense of peace would be appropriate.

We’re looking for visual art, song, dance, instrumental music, and spoken word (poems, stories, famous or not-so-famous speeches, quotations, readings, etc). Original pieces are as welcome as published works. If your child or student is interested in participating but needs ideas, I may have suggestions or materials to recommend or lend.

The Program will be FREE, open to the public and appropriate for all ages. Halfway through, we’ll have a break (with refreshments) to view the visual art, and we’ll also provide a table for any promotional materials you may wish to display.

The response has been gratifying so far – thirteen individuals or groups have already agreed to participate and we’re hoping to at least double that. Many others have indicated an interest but requested more information, and I’m crossing my fingers that all of you – including those I haven’t reached prior to this – will sign on as well.

Please get back to me promptly if you, your students, friends, family members or group will participate – who will be doing what, and how much time will be needed. If your name is below, please get back to me with the specifics – how to list you and your talent and how much time you’ll need.

Many thanks,
Jenifer   352-2803