[Peace-discuss] abortion and ethics, was Re: Immigration Reform

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 15:58:56 CST 2009

Interesting, Ricky.

Carl, I think Mort said what he meant. Though I think Mort incorrectly
jumped to a conclusion**

Mort, Being active in a religion does not automatically mean the reasoning
side of their minds is completely closed.

Under the right circumstances, both Carl and Wayne can change even their
most strongly held positions. I look forward to being there when it
happens.

-karen medina

Notes:
While Carl is a consistent Catholic*, he also has deep-seated
super-theological morality that was not spoon-fed.

* by that I mean much better than all those who call themselves Catholic.
Carl is consistent -- pro-life to him means anti-war and pro-life also means
1) that you adopt the unwanted children AND 2) you value the life of the
mother as much as the 'innocent child'. Most nominal Catholics do not see
their own inconsistencies. Most nominal pro-lifers I know do not value the
life of the mother -- they see her as a guilty prostitute. Most nominal
pro-lifers I know do not adopt children.

** Mort is an atheist who cannot see beyond the idea that religion is bunk.
So, in my opinion, he is sometimes blinded -- the very thing he is claiming
religion does to people.
Religion does serve a purpose beyond producing and promoting myths. Though,
I must admit, the fake side is the most visible side of religion.
Mort jumped to this conclusion years ago and he will not look beyond that
conclusion.