[Peace-discuss] The conscious acceptance of guilt in the necessary murder

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Thu Dec 10 10:25:45 CST 2009

In Champaign, our compromised state's attorney lets the killers of an unarmed
15-year-old off scot-free.  In Oslo, our charlatan of a chief magistrate accepts
a peace prize while asserting the right of the US -- with the world's strongest
military and largest prison population -- to devastate one of the world's
poorest countries in a colonial war in Asia.

Instead of condemning these officials for justifying these killings, we greet
their statements with respectful silence.  It's hard to imagine that we will not
pay, locally and nationally, for our acquiescence in murder.

	###