[Peace-discuss] opinion shaping in the entertaiment media

E.Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Dec 16 23:25:16 CST 2009

I dont often watch TV.  I happened flip it on tonight and there was some show playing in which some tough black military good-guy was being held and mistreated if not tortured.  He resisted his captors.  Finally he was going to be exchanged for some other prisoner held by the good guys.  The exchange was made and the heroes drove away while the bad guys drove off in the other direction in their jeep.  The good guys discussed why the exchange was made, and the released tough black guy doubted that he should have been released since the other guy was a bin Laden Al-Qaida protege...  The other good guys told him it wasnt authorized but the air force knew about the exchange.  Just then the scene shifted to a direct missile hit on the "bad guys" Jeep which incinerated it.   I cut off the TV.