[Peace-discuss] Obama's Xmas Eve

C. G. Estabrook galliher at illinois.edu
Fri Dec 18 09:27:59 CST 2009

During the campaign, Obama's U.N. representative sneered at how ineffective Bush
was at killing Pakistanis.  (His drone attacks were "baby steps," she said.) She
said Obama would much expand attacks on Pakistan, and he has.

Pakistan is the real object in the "eastern front" of the Mideast war because US
planners fear that opposition from Pakistan -- 2/3 of US population, a larger
army, and nuclear weapons -- could seriously compromise US control of the region
& its energy resources.

I think the Pakistani supreme court's attack on president Zardari this week is
motivated at least in part by fear that the pliant Zardari can be manipulated by
the US.  --CGE