[Peace-discuss] Fw: Help Us Give Peace Efforts the Spotlight ($ to JFP)

Jenifer Cartwright jencart13 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 30 17:47:25 CST 2009

In case you've been meaning to send a check (snail mail address at bottom) or pay on-line before the year runs out...
 --Jenifer

--- On Wed, 12/30/09, Just Foreign Policy <info at justforeignpolicy.org> wrote:

Dear Friend of Just Foreign Policy,

Help Just Foreign Policy continue to raise public awareness on important foreign policy issues by making a tax-deductible donation today
As you may already be aware, Just Foreign Policy's Robert Naiman is in Egypt this week as part of an international delegation of peace activists who went to participate in the international Gaza Freedom March. The goal of the march is to attract greater international attention to the humanitarian crisis being wrought upon civilians in Gaza by the ongoing U.S.-supported Israeli blockade as well as to carry much needed relief into Gaza. At time of writing, the organizers of the march have rejected a proposal from the Egyptian government to send a 100 person delegation into Gaza from the over 1000 activists gathered in Cairo. On Thursday, as 50,000 Palestinians march in Gaza, 1000 internationals and Egyptians will be marching in Cairo -- and others will be taking part in actions around the world. You can follow Robert and the march's progress on Just Foreign Policy's blog and on Twitter @naiman.

As Robert noted in his blog post and as we noted in our alert, if we relied on the mainstream news media in the United States to cover these efforts for peace, most Americans would never have a chance to know about them. But because of donations from members like you, Robert is able to report from Egypt on this important effort. Organizations from around the world took up our call for action -- including Jewish Voices for Peace and Progressive Democrats of America.  After our alert, the New York Times posted an article on the march on its website yesterday and printed the same article in its New York edition today; now, tens of thousands more Americans know about the Gaza Freedom March and its efforts. Without your support, none of this would be possible.

This week marks your last chance to make a 2009 tax-deductible donation to Just Foreign Policy. Would you consider a donation of $25, $50 or $100 to continuing the work of Just Foreign Policy?

Thank you for all you do for a just foreign policy,

Sarah Burns, Megan Iorio, Robert Naiman and Chelsea Mozen
Just Foreign Policy

If you would like to send a check, you may mail to:
Just Foreign Policy
4410 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, #290
Washington, DC 20016

© 2009 Just Foreign Policy