[Peace-discuss] Would It Kill Us to Apologize to Iran for the Coup?

Robert Naiman naiman.uiuc at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 19:01:29 CST 2009

Yeah, although you could be for reparations without being for guilt,
or even acknowledging privilege. It's a blight on us all that the
descendants of slaves have a disproportionately small share of the
national economic pie, even if we got off the boat yesterday. I'm for
shoveling more money their collective way by any means possible. Call
it whatever you want: reparations, affirmative action, full
employment, raising the minimum wage, raising the earned income
credit, making it easier to form unions, shifting the burden of
taxation toward the wealthy, universal health care: I'm for it.

naiman at justforeignpolicy.org