Fw: [Peace-discuss] Student occupation

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 8 21:50:12 CST 2009

That's roughly the plot of a recent novel, as I recall.

I did once know a classics professor, a number of years my senior, a Catholic,
who took acid for the first time in his maturity, and had a vision of God as a
great mouth in the sky, open to receive him. The vision had a profound emotional
effect on him, long after the trip was over, and he spoke about it on a number
of occasions.  Dead now, he knows in some sense the truth of the matter, I
suppose...  --CGE