[Peace-discuss] Urbana 2007: black drivers 3.5 times more likely to be pulled over than white drivers

Tom Abram tabram at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:17:07 CST 2009

One thing I've noticed, purely speculation and obervation, is that
almost everytime I see someone pulled over by multiple police cars,
they're black.  If I were pulled over by multiple cars, I would be
much more distressed.  It could be I keep my eye out for it and pay
closer attention in these situations.  Or not.  I wonder if there's
any data on this.  If the police really are calling in multiple cars
at a higher rate for black drivers, that would be incredibly
intimidating.  These stats are already bad enough to warrant serious
action.

Tom Abram