[Peace-discuss] more than a nuisance

E. Wayne Johnson ewj at pigs.ag
Wed Feb 11 12:18:40 CST 2009

It is far from preposterous.  Insulting is in the eye of the beholder.
If you should dare to look below
the surface you will find the (Cake-esque
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPaJl7tZstM>) nugget that the criminal
nuisance ordinance runs at cross-purposes to
the "law forbidding landlords from denying housing to persons because of
a criminal record".

The effect of this criminal nuisance property ordinance is to create a
/de facto/ repeal of the "law forbidding landlords from denying housing
to persons because of a criminal record".  No landlord wants the
endangerment of the stiff penalties of the Criminal Nuisance Property
Ordinance.  Ya just can't have it both ways.

Actually, I think that Prussing knows that that this Criminal Nuisance
Property Ordinance is in fact a backdoor nullification of the "law
forbidding landlords from denying housing to persons because of a
criminal record", and that is why she is pushing for it.

Wayne