[Peace-discuss] Helen Thomas Asks A Question That Exposes Obama's Obseqiousness

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 11 16:43:53 CST 2009

Bob's comment, "The US has lost its sovereignty to a money-leaching, Middle
Eastern, religious state," in addition to being wildly inaccurate (and redolent
of references to "ZOG") goes pretty far towards traditional antisemitic
stereotype (and I presume that he does not distinguish between "leech" and "leach").

"Racist state" is a fairly clear notion (and I grew up in one).  It's a state in
which one group defined by descent (i.e., you belong to it if and only if your
parents did) have legal privileges denied to others not so descended.  --CGE