[Peace-discuss] Nuclear power?

C. G. Estabrook galliher at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 12 13:16:25 CST 2009

The author spends most of his article complaining about how unpleasant Greens
are to him, rather than presenting the argument that led to his "Damascene
conversion ... a month ago."  He relegates that to a reference to "Prescription
for the Planet, a new book by the American writer Tom Blees."

Timeo hominem unius libri ("I fear the man of one book") said Thomas Aquinas.
We've been hearing the science-has-made-nuclear-power-safe argument since the
Eisenhower administration, but very little about the cui-bono argument.  The
persecution should contest both points.  --CGE

PS -- I appreciate your paying attention to my letter, Wormwood, but I had less
Lewis in mind than the bitter herb (parallel to Sage) that some say is the
translation of Chernobyl...