[Peace-discuss] Fwd: [U of I CAN] Bussing

Karen Medina kmedina67 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 17:36:58 CST 2009

The Campus Anti-war Network at the U of I is discussing the bussing to
the Washington DC march... Saturday March 21, 2009.
|  Contact person: Dan (panzone2 at gmail.com)                  |

Here is what is possible right now:
* Iowa's CAN chapter has invited the U of Illinois CAN to go on the Iowa bus.
* Or Illinois can get their own
Pros:
-------
* Going with Iowa would save the local CAN some work
* Going with Iowa would help Iowa out
Cons:
--------
* Tickets for the Iowans cost $100 per person and they have 20 open seats. If
the Illinois group can only fill 20 or so seats, then tickets would be
about that
price for a bus just from Illinois,
* If Illinois can fill about 50 seats, the price of a bus could drop
to about $50

Iowa would like at least some correspondence by Monday. If Illinois can't
get SORF funding, then Illinois will probably go with Iowa, otherwise it
would be really expensive here.
|  Contact person: Dan (panzone2 at gmail.com)                  |
Then they started counting who might be interested in going and they
came up with a list of about 25 people who MIGHT want to come.

CAN:
Pete
Baha
Patricia
Metro
Jacob
Susan
Dan
Eric

ISO:
Marty
Jesse
Steven
Andrew
Charlie
Ben
possibly Lindsey

IVAW:
Paul
Paul Jr
Duane
the other central illinois chapter (I think in Bloomington?) (2
maybe?)

SJP:
I don't really know anyone in here, but I assume we could get 1 or 2

Close contacts:
Erin
Alaa
Kumars
Cody
Green Party
Amnesty International

So that's a little over 25 people already.  I think if we could get
the word out to Green Party and to Amnesty International, and tell
them to advertise on their listserves we could definitely get more!
Plus, we haven't even advertised it on our own listserves yet!  I
think we can do it.

You can join the CAN google group: